Thursday, June 16, 2005

The joy of your salvation

Oh the freedom of new birth. As a brand new baby in you I trusted you with wild abandon....I would go anywhere and do anything! I gave you all! I saw you with such clarity. And why wouldn't I, for your word says: "How blessed are those who are pure in heart, for it is they who will see God! Such joy in Salvation. Such joy in complete abandoned trust.

" Who may go up the LORD'S mountain? Who may stand in his holy place?
The one who has clean hands and a pure heart and does not long for what is false or lie when he is under oath. This person will receive a blessing from the LORD and righteousness from God, his savior. This is the person who seeks him, who searches for the face of the God of Jacob. Selah"
Psalm 24:3-6
"Let us go right into the presence of God, with true hearts fully trusting him. For our evil consciences (unbelief) have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean and our bodies have been washed with pure water." Hebrews 10:22
Oh my Father my heart is free in you, my heart is clean through you, and so you call me and welcome me to come up, to come in......
but it is tainted by man's ways and man's thoughts. You alone know how many words of unbelief I've allowed to pierce and blemish this heart; the lies that hold me back. "Renew my mind. Remove this yoke that I have allowed myself to come under, the bondage I've willingly become enslaved to. Restore the joy of your salvation. The joy of fully trusting you. Restore to me child-like innocence and freedom.....
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.
(Create in me an innocent heart, Father, free of fear and unbelief and make new again that place of abiding)
Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me.
(Hold me closer, whisper your tender mercies, how I need your guidance and your comfort, I am helpless without you)
Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit.
(Let me walk in the inheritance you paid for, resting in your finished work, trusting you so much that I live for nothing but your will)
Psalm 51:10-12

Will of God
I’m tired of living in this world of sin
Tired of living in this game we’re in
Been to town and now I’m back again tired of living for the lust of men
And the world may think I’m crazy when I don’t run with them
But it’s just plain idolatry, when God can’t have all of me

I want to live for the will of God
Oh Lord, I want to follow
With all of my mind, all my heart and all my soul
I want to follow you Oh Lord

How much time will I keep wasting?
How much cheap wine will I keep tasting?
Been to church and now I’m back again
Tired of living for the pride of me
And the world may think I’m crazy when I don’t run with them
But it’s just plain idolatry when God can’t have all of me

© 2002 Jason Upton & Key of David Ministries. All rights reserved
"I'm telling you, once and for all, that unless you return to square one and start over like children, you're not even going to get a look at the kingdom, let alone get in. Whoever becomes simple and elemental again, like this child, will rank high in God's kingdom. What's more, when you receive the childlike on my account, it's the same as receiving me. But if you give them a hard time, bullying or taking advantage of their simple trust, you'll soon wish you hadn't. You'd be better off dropped in the middle of the lake with a millstone around your neck."
(Matthew 18:3-6)
"He was in the world, the world was there through him, and yet the world didn't even notice. He came to his own people, but they didn't want him. But whoever did want him, who believed he was who he claimed and would do what he said, He made to be their true selves, their child-of-God selves. John 1:10-12

A Song of Ascents. Of David. O LORD, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me. O Israel, hope in the LORD from this time forth and forevermore.
Psalm 131

No comments: