Friday, December 30, 2005

Asleep in the light

Like a frog set in a pot of warm water and boiled slowly over time I had not noticed the subtle numbing of my conscience. The freezing over of my passion. The drooping of my eyes. The hardening of my heart. The offense that has caused me to run away rather than to you.But I'm painfully aware that if I am in a battle (which I am) I am quickly losing. I desperately need you Father to breathe on me the breath of life, to speak to these dry bones, calling forth this Lazerous. To break up this fallow ground and root out this bitter root. To clear away these doubts and lies. That I may be tender again....in your presence again

"When the Son of Man comes again, it will be exactly like the days of Noah. In the days before the flood, people were eating, drinking, and getting married until the day that Noah went into the ship. They were not aware of what was happening until the flood came and swept all of them away. That is how it will be when the Son of Man comes again........."Therefore, be alert, because you don't know on what day your Lord will return." Matthew 24:37-39,42

"No one knows when that day or hour will come. Even the angels in heaven and the Son don't know. Only the Father knows. Be careful! Watch! You don't know the exact time. It is like a man who went on a trip. As he left home, he put his servants in charge. He assigned work to each one and ordered the guard to be alert. Therefore, be alert, because you don't know when the owner of the house will return. It could be in the evening or at midnight or at dawn or in the morning. Make sure he doesn't come suddenly and find you asleep. I'm telling everyone what I'm telling you: 'Be alert!'" March 13:32-37

" You know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. When people say, "Everything is safe and sound!" destruction will suddenly strike them. It will be as sudden as labor pains come to a pregnant woman. They won't be able to escape. But, brothers and sisters, you don't live in the dark. That day won't take you by surprise as a thief would. You belong to the day and the light not to the night and the dark.
Therefore, we must not fall asleep like other people, but we must stay awake and be sober." 1 Thessalonians 5:2-6

No comments: