Friday, July 29, 2005

In silence I wait

Even a stubborn fool is thought to be wise if he keeps silent.

He is considered intelligent if he keeps his lips sealed.

Proverbs 17:28

If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceieves himself and his religion is worthless.


"We all stumble in many ways. If anyone is never at fault in what he says he is a perfect man able to keep his whole body in check....... The tongue is a small part of the body but it makes great boasts. Consider how a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire and is itself set on fire by hell...... With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers this should not be. No spring of water pours out sweet water and bitter water from the same opening. " James 3:2-11


"...Woe to me! I cried. I am ruined; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty." Isaiah 6:5


Shaming, Wounding, Bitter, Cutting, Critical and ....just completely thoughtless and careless. My words more often than I want to remember have been filled with a poisonous sting. Words are powerful. The tongue indeed has the power of life and death. We bear the fruit of what we have sown. And every word counts.

Reckless words pierce like a sword but the tongue of the wise brings healing. Proverbs 12:18

The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life but a decietful tongue crushes the spirit. Proverbs 15:4

"For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and does not go back again, but gives water to the earth, and makes it fertile, giving seed to the planter, and bread for food; So will my word be which goes out of my mouth: it will not come back to me with nothing done, but it will give effect to my purpose, and do that for which I have sent it. " Isaiah 55:10-11

How blessed I am that your words to me are words of life! How treasured and protected I am. My Jesus, you lift me from the ashes....you strengthen me and heal me. You kiss me to life. Restoring me. You refresh me, you soak your love into those dry and barren places preparing the ground of my heart to recieve the truth. Truth that is growing. Truth that you are nourishing that one day there may be life to give the hungry ones. Oh Jesus how I long to be like you. How deaf I have been to your song for so long. How much damage I have done! Have mercy my Lord!

"Come my children, listen to me;I will teach you the fear of the Lord. Whoever loves life and desires to see many good days - Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies." Psalm 34:11-13


There is only one truth and it exists in You, my God. To intimately know You is to know truth.To speak of you without knowing you is a lie. You are so pure that my veiled glimpse is but a muddy proclamation. I speak lies when I say that you are something that you are not. I tell lies when I know not the preciousness and worth of those I meet and those I live among, the ones you love. To honor is to speak of and speak to You and others with love, respect and admiration. Take these words that dishonour You and dishonor your loved ones. Touch my lips with your burning coal. Consuming fire burn in me. Cleanse me of this dishonour.


"The good man out of his good store gives good things; and the evil man out of his evil store gives evil things. And I say to you that in the day when they are judged, men will have to give an account of every foolish word they have said. For by your words will your righteousness be seen, and by your words you will be judged. "Matthew 12:35-37

Faith sees past the external. Faith sees what God sees, so faith is the truth. To speak the truth is to speak with the language of faith. All else remain lies. So my mouth must refrain from speaking if it is not speaking from the perspective of truth. When I speak with doubt and mistrust , when I grumble, complain, slander or critisize - I particpate with evil. I join hearts with the accuser.

I cannot go. I cannot speak. I cannot be your vessel unless you cleanse me and fill me with your words alone!

May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight. Psalm 19:14

May my cry come before you, O Lord, give me understanding according to your word. May my supplication come before you. Deliver me according to your promise.May my lips overflow with praise, for you teach me your decrees. May my tongue sing of your word, for all your commands are righteous. Psalm 119:169-172

"For this cause I will make my name clear to my people; in that day they will be certain that it is my word which comes to them; see, here am I. How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of him who comes with good news, who gives word of peace, saying that salvation is near; who says to Zion, Your God is ruling! The voice of your watchmen! their voices are loud in song together; for they will see him, eye to eye, when the Lord comes back to Zion. Isaiah 52:6-8

"Let the words of Christ be in you, in all their richness live in your hearts and make you wise. Use His words to teach and counsel eachother.Sing hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus"..... Colossians 3:16,17

A wise man's heart guides his mouth and his lips promote instruction. Proverbs 16:23

The Sovereign Lord has given me an intructed tongue, to know the word that susatins the weary. Isaiah 50:4

Oh Lord, may it be said of me " Your lips drop sweetness as the honeycomb, my bride, milk and honey are under your tongue. " (Song of Songs 4:11)

1 comment:

silent wings said...

Denise shared this with the Key of David Web community:

Ps 19:14

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

James 3:10
Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.


Deutormony 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Ps 109:17
As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him.

Maybe its that I was raised on Charles Capps and brought up to beleive how powerful words can be. Maybe its the revelation that God has given me time and time again just how powerful words are. To think that HE SPOKE the world into existance... that WE can have what we say, That many of us have been taught to "claim" things... that being so... how can we speak one way then another... the word says in James a double minded man is UNSTABLE in all HIS ways. WOW>.. unstable....pretty big picture if it involves EVERYTHING. The Lord said to me about 2 weeks ago... Denise I will bless that which you bless and curse that which you curse... WOW.... to realize just how powerful and REAL what HE has spoken IS. As we study further... for those that BELIEVE the word and what HE has spoken... it is said in Roman 8:11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Now... if Jesus spoke to the DEAD... healed the blind, Set the captives free but HIS VERY WORDS and HIS SPIRIT IS IN YOU.... just how powerful are the words you and I are speaking?

Its comes to a point where we have to put kidding and joking aside realizing that whether we are "kidding" or not.. those words are powerful. Job 6:30 Is there iniquity in my tongue? cannot my taste discern perverse things?
SInce when has it become OK to conform to the things of this world when HE has told us not to. Is what we are demonstrating Christ characeteristics, kingdom ethics 101 ? We have to choose!

The word says in Ph 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. We will either be a hearer of the word OR a DOER also!

Luke 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. Garbage in Garbage out... Truth and love in... truth and love out..... what are we putting before ourselves, What are we feeding in, what have we fed on, perhaps some of us need to have a good vomit and change our eating habits.

I am not calling anyone evil.. just sharing what He has been showing me, the more I see within the "body of Christ" the way we treat each other.. the way we dont treat each other.. the words we say the things we do.. my spirit is grieved more and more... we are called to be LIVING TESTMONIES... our LIFE is suppose to WITNESS what HE IS IN US and what HE is doing thru US. Fact is Christ is in YOU and ME. He is ever present, He doesnt go away when we say something, go somewhere, do something that HE wouldnt do, rather HE watches and is grieved. He is not a spicket that can be turned on and off. We need to stop FRONTING what we really arent.....fact is... if we were in the company of Jesus .. would we act the way we do... and not to put anyone on a pedestal... but what is... someone from KOD, or our "pastors" or our spiritual parents were around... would we act that way... We can not be 2 sided... its gotta be one way or another. Its time we examine ourselves... and BE HONEST!

We dont have the convience of TIME anymore to mess around... we SEE people EVERYDAY we SPEAK to people EVERYDAY we DO things everyday.... what are we planting..... for what we plant is what we are going to harvest.

It comes down to what do you believe.. what do I believe....

We either BELIEVE that we can call those things that are not as though they were and see the sick healed the bound deliverer the captives set free . We are called to be a light or not. We can either WALK in who HE has called us to be and do what HE has called us to be or we can continue going around in circles until we do. The word says to much is given MUCH is required.... that being said.. He will not give you a mission gun if you can't handle a pistol.

~Dee

I will BLESS the LORD at ALL times, HIS praise shall CONTINUALLY be in MY MOUTH! This IS the day the LORD hath made.....I WILL rejoice in it... no matter what !