Sunday, July 17, 2005

Missing you

It's quiet enough. My soul is still enough. For one brief moment again I feel my longing. It's still there. That faint feeling of heartache, and desire. Abba. Papa. Father God I miss you! I'm tangled up, bogged down. But I love you. Free me to love you freely.

Let me say again that I need you
let me say again that I'm thankful for you
every breath I have is yours
do what you will
Now say again that you love me
say again that you're so proud of me
tell me you'll never leave me alone

How will I know it's you?
Will I recognize your face?
It's been so long since I have sat at your feet
Will you recognize me?

Forgive me
I know I've let you down
Then for repentence, kindness is measured
but I'm thinking I should lie in ashes
Then I remeber you are the faithful one
and you remember I'm so well intentioned
and your grace pours out over me again

How willI know it's you?
Will I recognize your face?
It's been so long since I have sat at your feet.
Will you recognize me?

Kate Miner (Prodigal Martha)

No comments: