Saturday, April 30, 2005

... but by My Spirit…

There is an extravegant provision in the heart of my Father. Hallelujah!

"I will give them singleness of heart and put a new spirit within them. I will take away their hearts of stone and give them tender hearts instead, so they will obey my laws and regulations. Then they will truely be my people and I will be their God." Ezekial 11:19

"..... new wine must be stored in new wineskins. That way both the wine and the wineskins are preserved." Matthew 9:17

"So now I am giving you a new commandment. Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. " John 13:34

"But this is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel on that day, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds so they will understand them, and I will write them on their hearts so they will obey them. I will be their God, and they will be my people." Hebrews 8:10

The new spirit is the Holy Spirit in us. The Holy Spirit is the new wine. He can only be poured into a new wineskin. Every person born again under the new covenant is a new wineskin. We abide under that new covenant as we walk in its new commandment. The laws written on our mind and planted in our hearts are summed up and gathered under the final command before Christ's death: "love eachother as I have loved you." This is made possible through Jesus alone: by HIS intercession, by HIS death,and by HIS ressurection. It is no longer I that lives but Christ in me!

Paul declares this truth when He says: " Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, let the Holy Spirit fill and control you." And what are the results? " THEN you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts. AND you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. AND further, you will submit to one another out of reverence for Christ." Ephesians 5:18-21 WOW !!!! Your Spirit will annoint us to worship you in spirit and truth, your spirit will form in us a content and grateful heart, causing us to see and remember all that you have done and your spirit will place a desire and compassion in us to serve and put other's needs above our own.

“I have frequently noticed that Jesus does not want me to lay up provisions; He nourishes me at each moment with a totally new food; I find it within me without my knowing how it is there. I believe it is Jesus Himself hidden in the depths of my poor heart: He is giving me the grace of acting within me, making me think of all he desires me to do at the present moment.”
St Therese of Lisieux

OH fill me Lord! Intoxicate me! Submerse me! Consume me! I yeild to you. I surrender to your Spirit as Lord of my life. Thank you my sweet Jesus for your provision.

No comments: