Thursday, April 28, 2005

Sowing and Reaping

Fear and worry are hard after the Lords harvest. It is no wonder that my Lord exhorts me not to be afraid and not to worry, but to press on and seek FIRST his kingdom.

" Whoever watches the wind will never plant. Whoever looks at the clouds will never harvest." Ecc 11:4

What is given to me (however small) must be poured out. I can trust you for more. As I learn to trust and depend on you, I am increasingly aware that I have no need to strive. I can offer the love you give me to others - the tenderness, affirmation, hope, joy, provision. And I can offer it abundantly. There is no need to reserve a bit. When you sent bread from heaven for your children they were not to be concerned for tomorrow. The manna is fresh each day! Strength is available for another day. Your mercy new EVERY MORNING!
"Remember that the person who plants few seeds will have a small crop; the one who plants many seeds will have a large crop. You should each give, then, as you have decided, not with regret or out of a sense of duty; for God loves the one who gives gladly. And God is able to give you more than you need, so that you will always have all you need for yourselves and more than enough for every good cause. As the scripture says, "He gives generously to the needy; his kindness lasts forever." And God, who supplies seed for the sower and bread to eat, will also supply you with all the seed you need and will make it grow and produce a rich harvest from your generosity."2 Corinthians 9:6-10

We are called to enter your rest and truely I am at rest when I give no thought to myself, knowing you think of me. "You prepare a banquet for me while my enemies watch. You anoint my head with oil. My cup overflows." Psalm 23:5 How extravegant YOU are!

This is key to abiding in you:
"As the Father has loved me, I have also loved you. Remain in My love. If you keep My commands you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commands and remain in His love. "I have spoken these things to you so that My joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. This is My command: love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends."
John 15:9-13

"So let us not become tired of doing good; for if we do not give up, the time will come when we will reap the harvest." Galations 6:9

No comments: