Thursday, April 14, 2005

Pursuing His Face

For the first time, sitting with my children last night, I encouraged them to seek the face of Jesus.

I have seen the form of the one who loves me so....I hear his voice, I know his embrace....but now I must see his face. The very spirit that will be rooted out if I should seek His face is what holds me in chains and keeps me from pursuing his eyes. But I'm getting tired. Tired of living in fear, reacting in fear, thinking through fear.....tired of this spirit that thinks it owns me and trys to control me. My offspring know the fruit of fear. They have tasted it as I have struggled for freedom. They too must be restored. They too will need to seek His face.

Its in your eyes that we will find unconditional acceptance. You alone will restore that basic trust, the place where we can look with adoration: "How beautiful you are, my love; how your eyes shine with love!" (Son 1:15) and know that you will look back with adoration: "How beautiful you are, my love! How your eyes shine with love behind your veil..." (Son 4:1) I must know the most intimate of places. There is nothing here for me. Fear is empty.

"I look to the mountains; where will my help come from? My help will come from the LORD, who made heaven and earth. He will not let you fall; your protector is always awake. The protector of Israel never dozes or sleeps. The LORD will guard you; he is by your side to protect you. The sun will not hurt you during the day, nor the moon during the night. The LORD will protect you from all danger; he will keep you safe. He will protect you as you come and go now and forever." Psalm 121:1-8

I may be the living Much Afraid...but I am on the journey up the mountain. Oh my sweet shepherd I am coming!

"He hides me in his shelter when there is trouble. He keeps me hidden in his tent. He sets me high on a rock. Now my head will be raised above my enemies who surround me. I will offer sacrifices with shouts of joy in his tent. I will sing and make music to praise the LORD. Hear, O LORD, when I cry aloud. Have pity on me, and answer me. When you said, "Seek my face," my heart said to you, "O LORD, I will seek your face." Psalm 27:5-8

There's a secret place I'd give my life to find
Where I hear you say that "I am yours and you are mine"
Jesus its your love that I pursue
let my life be an abiding place
a dwelling place for you
When you said "seek my face, I answered: Lord you're face I'll seek"
I want to know you Jesus much more intimately
you are the treasure of my heart
and my prayer will always be:
may the current of your love flow strong
in the deepest part of me....in the deepest part of me
Where else can I go to be satisfied
there is only one true spring of everlasting life
Jesus you're the fountain that I choose
as the deer pants for the water
so my soul longs after you
Kelly Warren (When you said seek your face)

No comments: